- 1 c. diced red pepper
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- 1 c. fresh diced peaches
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 – 2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. camelina oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Farmshare raspberry waffles – Fresh raspberries and a couple peaches make a delicious topping for these waffles. If you are lucky enough to have some “award-winning” maple syrup from northern Ontario that has been made over a wood fire (thanks, Sam and Rebecca!), it’s almost heaven!
These should be made on a morning when you have lots of time….
- 1 1/2 c. hot water
- 1 1/2 c. milk (we use almond milk)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. oil
Mix the water and milk. Cut in the butter, allowing it to melt in the warm liquid. Add remaining ingredients and 2 tsp instant yeast.
- 3 c. sifted flour (we use 2 c. spelt, 1 c. all purpose)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Stir with whisk to blend well.
- Beat together 3 egg whites until fluffy and fold into batter.
- Let sit for about an hour, stirring every so often.
Cook in waffle iron until crispy. Top with fresh fruit, some yogurt or whip cream and that amazing maple syrup. Keeps you going for the rest of the day.