A great way to stretch 2 turkey thighs to feed 4 people–Turkey a la Oakleaf Lettuce!
- Prepare a bed of fresh cut oak leaf lettuce on each plate (will be in your farm shares this week!).
- Barbeque turkey thighs.
- Cook up 1c. organice brown basmati rice with 2 c. water (about 3 cups cooked).
- While above is cooking, saute in 2 tbsp butter
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 – 2 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
And make a dressing of
- 3 oz. olive oil
- 2 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper.
- And peel and cut up 2 oranges into small sections.
Assemble the meal:
- divide rice up onto beds of lettuce
- remove turkey from thighs and divide onto plates
- sprinkle with sauteed herbs
- divide orange sections evenly on plates
- drizzle with dressing
A complete meal on one dish. We finished it off with fresh cherries picked at our neighbours (Matthias Farms on Metler road) while the BBQ was going. Pick your own started today and runs for a week or two.